Smoke Free Policy
POTTSVILLE BEACH FOOTBALL CLUB
Smoke Free Policy
POTTSVILLE BEACH FC recognises that passive smoking is hazardous to health and those non-smoking club members and visitors have the right to be protected from exposure to tobacco smoke.
Accordingly, the following policy shall apply to all club facilities, meetings and activities undertaken by PBFC and will apply to all members, officials, players and club visitors.
Koala Beach Fields:
Koala Beach Fields are smoke free and shall include:
- Club house, meeting room and canteen & storage area;
- Player change rooms, toilets and showers and gear room.
Players, Officials, Administrators, Coaches & Managers:
Coaches, players, managers, volunteers and officials will refrain from smoking and remain smoke free while involved in an official capacity for PBFC, on and off the field.
All club committee members will enforce the smoke free policy and any non-compliance will be handled according to the following process:
- Explanation of the club policy to the person/people concerned, including identification of the areas in which smoking is permitted;
- Continued non-compliance with the policy should be handled by at least two committee members who will use their discretion as to the action taken, which may include asking the person / people to leave Koala Beach Fields.
PBFC will promote the smoke free policy regularly by:
- Putting a copy of the policy on the notice board, website and printed member/player information;
- Displaying a copy of the policy in the canteen area;
PBFC recognises the importance of educating club members, particularly players, of the benefits of implementing a smoke free policy and will endeavour to provide information to assist this process.
This policy will be reviewed annually to ensure it remains relevant to club operations and reflects both community expectations and legal requirements.