Hi everyone and welcome to season 2017. We hope you had a good Christmas break and look forward to an enjoyable and successful 2017 both on and off the pitch. 2017 will be a big year here at Pottsville Beach FC and whether as a player, parent, volunteer or supporter – we hope you can join us for another great season!
REGISTRATION CUT OFF DATES
- Senior players CLOSES Friday 24th February, 2017;
- Junior Competition players (grades 12 – 16) CLOSES Friday 3rd March, 2017;
- Miniroos players (grades 6 – 11) CLOSES Friday 10th March 2017;
Places are limited so you are encouraged to register and pay as early as possible to secure a place.
All players must register via the National Online Registration Systemwww.myfootballclub.com.au.
Need help registering? Call FFA Support Centre (02) 8020 4199 if you are having problems with your password to login or if you have forgotten the FFA number.
- Ensure all your personal contact information is correct eg: email address, telephone number etc. These details are what PBFC downloads for team sheets and it is the means to communicate with you throughout the season;
- Competition aged female players MUST nominate their preference for either ‘all girl team’ or ‘mixed team’ at time of registration – email PBFC firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year of birth = grade you play. Grades corresponding to year of birth are as follows:
Born 2010 – Grade 7
Born 2009 – Grade 8
Born 2008 – Grade 9
Born 2007 – Grade 10
Born 2006 – Grade 11
Born 2005 – Grade 12
Born 2004 – Grade 13
Born 2003 – Grade 14
Born 2002 – Grade 15
Born 2001 – Grade 16
- All requests must be made at time of registration – email PBFC email@example.com. Requests are considered but NOT GUARANTEED;
- Parents / players please read PBFC registration policies which are found on the PBFC website under Downloads.
This year grade 9 – grade 16 players have the opportunity to register for our Panthers ProSkills Program which will be run on Wednesdays. If you want your child to participate in this program (in addition to normal team training and games) please select the relevant registration option.
- Grades 6 and 7: $105.00 (you must be turning 5 years of age in 2017 to play & be able to follow basic instruction from a coach);
- Grade 8 – 11: $125.00 (registration only);
- Grade 9 – 11 registration plus ProSkills 10 week program: $165.00 (ProSkills component $40);
- Grade 12 – 16: $165.00;
- Grade 12 – 16 registration plus ProSkills 16 week program: $225.00 (Proskills component $60);
- Youth aged playing senior 17 – 18: $220.00;
- Senior men and women: $315.00;
Payment can be made using a credit card on myfootballclub but there is a small charge which you will see once you choose this option. If you don’t wish to pay online via the myfootballclub website, you can pay by direct transfer into PBFC bank account (below). The club will not be accepting cash payments made at the club.
Pottsville Beach Football Club
BSB: 06 2643
A/C: 100 496 18
If paying by direct credit into the PBFC account, please ensure you include the players surname/first name and age group (eg. Smith/Joe 6) then email firstname.lastname@example.org
No player may take the field until all fees are paid.
Players must wear the full club uniform in order to take the field. Players receive free socks each year. Players receive a new training shirt in the first year they play and then every second year subsequently. Players must purchase shorts ($15). Shirts, socks and sorts can be purchased at Club Information Day and Miniroos Club Day.
Club information day: Saturday 11th February, 2016 – 9am – 12 noon (at the club house)
If you need to know more about registration or just want a chat, we will be at the club house to help you. Please note players who attend will still need to register online.
Miniroos club day: Sat 25th March 9.30am (at the club house)
Get your gear and meet your team.
WHEN DOES THE SEASON START
Seniors & Junior Competitions start the Weekend 24th / 25th / 26th March
Coaches are required for each team before training can commence. If you are interested in coaching please let us know ASAP – email email@example.com. While we endeavour to allocate a coach to each team, if we have not yet received enough nominations by Miniroos Club Day, parents from teams without coaches will be asked to volunteer on that day.
PBFC understands that development of its coaches aids the development of its players. It is beneficial if all coaches attend coaching courses offered by Football Far North Coast. The cost of these coaching courses will be funded by PBFC.
Holding a current first aid certificate would be desirable.
Each team is expected to arrange for a responsible person to act as team manager. Team managers are to attend all PBFC monthly general meetings or ask another person from their team to attend on their behalf. Team managers don’t have the same responsibilities as coaches but they can provide valuable support to a coach and their role is important to help keep parents informed about PBFC. The team manager will be the contact point between PBFC and players/parents.
Enjoy the season.