In 2019, PBFC will again be participating in the Skills Acquisition Program (SAP) coordinated by Northern NSW Football for U9 and U10 age groups (born 2009 and 2010)
The program aims to develop skills for players who are highly motivated, enjoy being challenged and are physically and mentally ready for a more structured approach to training.
The focus during this period is on the development of the ‘functional game skills’ including:
- Striking the ball – This includes all forms of striking the ball such as short/long passing; shooting and crossing.
- First touch – Controlling the ball with all allowed body parts
- 1 v 1 – All moves, feints and accelerations to get past and away from an opponent
- Running with the ball – At speed (with a lot of space) or ‘dribbling’ (in tight areas), this includes techniques for protecting the ball and changing direction.
To participate in the SAP Program, if selected, you must be willing to:
- Attend at least 2 trial sessions held in February (see dates below). Players will be selected for the program based on their performance at these trials.
- Commit to train 2 times per week (Wednesdays and Fridays) for 25 weeks. Training will be conducted by qualified SAP coaches.
- Commence training on 6th March 2019.
- Participate in monthly SAP Gala Days (Sundays), competing against other local SAP clubs.
- Register online for normal club soccer and the SAP program within the registration period.
- Pay costs for the SAP program by the due date. Cost of the program will be $240 (includes NNSWF SAP fee, training strip, ball, drink bottle, coaching fees). This is in addition to your club registration fee which will be $185 (DO NOT select plus Proskills option at club registration)
- Play up a grade in the MiniRoos pool. SAP teams will play Miniroos (Saturday) games up a grade as a team (i.e. U9 team born 2010 will play U10 Miniroos and U10 Team born 2009 will play U11 Miniroos).
Trials for a position in the SAP squad will be held:
- Wednesdays 6th, 13th, 20th February, 2019.
- 5:00-6:15pm, PBFC Fields, Koala Beach.
Trials are open to both male and female players born 2009, 2010. A team of 12 players for each age group will be selected. Players must attend at least 2 trial sessions.
To register for trials or further enquiries, please contact Liz Edwards:
0417 515 200.